»

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Greek and The 2008 Korean Music Festival!!!!!

Today (or yesterday rather) was the best day ever!!!

Before I forget I'll do a super quick rundown of the performance at the Greek. It was MUCH better than last year and a lot of others felt that way too. Having almost no technical problems, better preparations, and an awesome moshpit all contributed to this new general appeal. I can honestly say everyone in the audience seemed to have some part of it they enjoyed. I can only hope next year is just as good...

May 17, 2008: The Korean Music Festival
Saturday started typically enough. Very tired and energy gone from the performance the night before, but trudging to weight training and English 101 anyway. I never suspected the festival would be anything like it turned out to be. Yeah, we were all excited before the concert (I won a USB drive! hehe), but the energy behind that excitement was nothing compared to the excitement as soon as it started. First up was Super Junior T with Rokkugo!!! Energy just possesed everyone in the audience and it didn't take long for it to hit me. I only took about 20 pictures of Suju even though most of them we're very blurry or distanced (we sat in the very back; the cheap seats). I seriously regretted not having a camera with more zoom or a camera-binocular...same goes for So Nyeo Shi Dae. Actually, the pic belows one of the best ones I got of them singing.






I regretted not having more pics of them even more than I did with Suju...probably because Mochi's a HUGE fan. Okay...now fast forward. After dealing with the massive gap between my camera and the stage I decided to run down to the top edge of the garden boxes and take pics from there.
Those pictures were so much better in every way than those desperate shots from section W3...as the night went on I took more and more pictures that same way and I was just content with them. Not really excited. After the concert as we were all tired and ready to leave my friends and I heard screaming from the backlot so we followed to see the performers getting into the cars and leaving. Most of the girls there were in a hollow gaze of shock while security pushed them back. Lesson learned: No force on earth can keep crazed fangirls from at least trying to snap a close distance shot. I figured why not and I joined the insanity too. Suju's car drove on out slowed only by fans close to the side and I took the direct approach: Stand in front of the passenger side and snap a pic. Perfection! I snapped a straight on shot of most of Leeteuk's face. I'm sure there were better pictures, but I felt just a little accomplished doing that. My friend's sure liked the picture. A few minutes into the show we all decided to start raising money for the so-called "pool-circle" right by the stage and runway. If today was awesome it'll be worth it to raise the $200 for each of those seats.



I just had to type that out to get it out. Today was just too great a day to not talk about. Ugh...I'm dead tired now.

I'll just be "lazy" and let Mochi type out a post.

Thanks for reading! Check back soon!